- Recommend to use laptop instead of mobile device as it helps in consistency in posting/editing video after webinar.
- Keep an alternate Wi-Fi source in case of any network failures. Mobile hot spot would also be a good alternate.
- Setup your desk in the range of WI-FI.
- Always sit in-front of the light and avoid any reflection on the webcam.
- Always use good quality Webcam and Headset to ensure better quality Audio/Video.
- Choose the background wisely as it shows your intention and might offend the speaker.
- Choose the location where you can hear the speaker properly vice versa.
- Consider putting a “do not disturb” sign on your door.
- Consider selecting HD video in Settings.
- Preferably wear solid color shirt. Neutral tones in blues, greens, and browns work well.
- Avoid black or bright colors that may reflect light.
- Avoid thin stripes or busy patterns.
- Bottom line is that maintain contrast background
Immediately Before the Session
- Ensure your devices are fully charged or plugged in to avoid depleting batteries mid-meeting.
- Close all the applications and tabs on browser which are not useful.
- Log in 10-15 minutes before the scheduled start time for final checks and to fix technical issues (if any).
- Don’t let any background noise on your end go unaddressed.
- Warm-up your voice.
- Take a few deep breaths before you start.
- Have a glass of water and tissues handy.
During the Session
- Be aware of your body language, Posture, eye contact, facial expressions, and hand movements. Gestures can be indicators of speaker perceived confidence.
- Speak clearly and project your voice by taking proper breaks in sentences, but resist the urge to speak too loudly.
- Maintain constant distance from the mic.
- Keep appropriate distance from the camera.